Wednesday 30 June 2021

He cares for you more than you realise

"And the LORD said, 'I have surely seen the oppression of My people who are in Egypt, and have heard their cry because of their taskmasters, for I know their sorrows."    
                                                                                                             Exodus 3:7     NKJV 


God's concern for His people is paramount to His thinking. His heart broke because of the plight that He saw His people suffering in Egypt, and He decided to do something about it. His heart was breaking because he cared so much. And, He feels the same way about you too. Did you realise that?

He sees all and hears all. He knows about the bullies, those taskmasters who make your life a misery. He is aware of these unfair dealings that happen to you and wants to deal with them. The thing is, you need to call out to Him 'For whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved,'  Romans 10:13. Did you get that? Whoever; you are 'whoever', and God is waiting for you to call out to Him for help. When you do, He will be there.

Moses was just a shepherd. He had his memories of who he had been in Pharaoh's house. He could remember the status he had. But now, memories was all he had. Do you feel this way? Do you remember the past with fondness and wish those days would return. They won't, so stop trying to remember them. They are over; God has turned the page and He has something more wonderful for you. You are today's man or woman!

God chose Moses to go to Egypt and speak with the new Pharaoh and ask him to release the Israelites. Moses response was, 'Who am I? In other words he was saying 'What can I do? I'm nothing special. I can't even speak properly, I get all confused, I would look stupid trying to speak to Pharaoh. And, don't forget Lord, I had to flee Egypt because I killed that man. No, I can't do that'. How would you have felt in Moses' position?

You may say, 'I'm nothing special.' Is that so? Then why did Jesus go to the cross to save you; to save you from that awful situation of eternal death? Why did He rescue you from that major problem you had recently - that possible eviction from your home; that continuous unemployment, that life-threatening sickness? Why was that? If you are not special, why does He even bother with you? 

Think that through and realise that you are so precious to Jesus; you are loved; He cares for you and wants to use you in His service. You see, He chooses who he chooses. If He has chosen you for a task, then you are the one who can do it. Instead of asking, 'Who am I? think 'Who do I belong to? You belong to the King of kings and he loves you, He cares about you. And now He is saying, 'Come on, let's get this job done.'




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...