Monday 1 November 2021

Lord, I can't feel You

"How long, O Lord? Will You forget me forever? How long will You hide Your face from me? 2 How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? How long will my enemy be exalted over me?                               Psalm 13:1-2    NKJV                                                                                          

David had a very deep love for God - a deep emotional and psychological relationship as a son to a father. Here he asks God four questions because he feels alone, forgotten and confused. Verse 2 describes him, 'having sorrow in my heart daily'. He felt forgotten by God; he felt God was hiding His face from him; he had a daily sorrow in his heart that wouldn't go away, no matter how hard he tried and he felt that his enemies were taking over from him. He began to feel that it was all his fault because of the sin in his life. We are like this sometimes. We feel like God has left us and is nowhere around and we relate this to what we have done wrong. It can feel like God has left us when we have sinned, however, when we repent, He is there, beside us and forgives us. He has promised that He will never leave us Hebrews 13:5. It does though feel like we are on our own at such times.

Often we feel that God should work the way we want Him to and within our time frame. When He doesn't we can be tempted to ask, 'Where is God in all of this when I need Him?' God is never at a distance from us, He is there right beside us, always. He will never forget us. But sometimes He may allow us to go through trials in order to grow and realise our need of Him. Isaiah 49:14-15 says, 'But Zion said, "The Lord has forsaken me, and my Lord has forgotten me." 15 Can a woman forget her nursing child, and not have compassion on the son of her womb? Surely they may forget, yet I will not forget you.' He just cannot forget you because He loves you.

You may feel a distance between you and Jesus at this time. Please realise, He has not moved, He is there right beside you urging you on. Things may have been tough just lately and like David, you may be in anguish and confused by it all. Don't worry, God has it all in His control. He is about to make a way forward for you but, you must allow Him to, you cannot do it alone.
Why not pray this prayer of David's in verse 3-6:

'Consider and hear me, O Lord my God; enlighten my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death; lest my enemy say, 'I have prevailed against him"; lest those who trouble me rejoice when I am moved.
'But I have trusted in Your mercy; my heart shall rejoice in Your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, because He has dealt bountifully with me.'

Now just relax in the knowledge that you are deeply loved and considered honourable. 
Copyright 2021 Grahame Howard.                                 
Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 
Check it out
 
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...