Wednesday 26 April 2023

I've started so I'll finish

"And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us."   Hebrews 12:1  NLT 

There are many believers who, for one thing or another, think they'll never make it to heaven - 'life is so difficult and I keep messing up.' If this is the way you are thinking at the moment, let me give you an encouraging verse that is directly from the Throne room of God:
'And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue His work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.' Did you get that? Paul states that he is 'certain' of this and that He will 'continue' the work within you until 'Jesus returns' for you. That is a golden promise.

There is a well-known and popular quiz show in the UK called Mastermind, and the presenter will say, if the buzzer goes before finishing a question: 'I've started so I'll finish.' This is such a well-known statement in the show but, it is almost like Jesus is saying to each one of us, the same thing, 'I've started so I'll finish.' Jesus is not about to let you down after all He has done for you. He has started the work within you and, He will ensure that He finishes it before your life is over. You will get to heaven and you will be fully complete for this process. However, until then, the work goes on.

This is why we have to 'run with endurance'. Nothing that is good comes easy; it can be hard work but, when we persevere, we make our lives easier to bear. You may say: 'Yes, but you don't understand, I'm nothing like I should be, I'm a hypocrite.' Well join the club, come and live with me for a week and you'll soon see the weak parts in my life. I mess up quite a lot, but the one thing that keeps me going, is the fact that my Mentor - Jesus Christ, will never leave me (Hebrew 13:5).

We all mess up but, the secret is, we need to keep on keeping on, running with the endurance that He gives us. Many people ran in the London Marathon this past weekend; don't you think that many wanted to give up when their body started hurting, when their muscles were crying out in agony and their breath was causing them to pant? Of course they wanted to stop but, no, they had endurance and nothing was going to stop them fulfilling the race.

And so should you never give up either. As you press on, Jesus will give you added strength and the ability to cope with whatever you face. And, He will ensure that your place remains for you in heaven. His word is, 'I've started so I'll finish'.

Copyright 2023 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, CLICK HERE

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2











  


 






                                               









No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...