Saturday 23 September 2023

Outrageous grace

"God's law was given so that all people could see how sinful they were. But as people sinned more and more, God's wonderful grace became more abundant"         

                                                                                      Romans 5:20   NLT


When I first became a Christian, I felt inferior to other Christians and struggled big time every time I sinned. It was like I was at the bottom of a deep hole and as I tried to climb up, nearly at the top, I would fall back down again. Then, I suddenly realised that God would help me out of this pit if I asked Him. As I did, it was like God's arms lifted me out to freedom. Probably, you feel this way. No matter how hard you try to walk with God, you sin and feel like you have fallen down this pit again. Firstly, if God rescued you from this pit, He will never let you stumble back into it - that's a fact. Secondly, God has outrageous grace and no matter how much you let Him down, He is always there to forgive you.


Godfrey Birtill wrote a song about this and here are the lyrics of the first verse and chorus. See if you can identify:


"There's a lot of pain but a lot more healing. There's a lot of trouble, but a lot more peace

There's a lot of hate, but a lot more loving. There's a lot of sin but a lot more grace

Oh outrageous grace, oh outrages grace, love unfurled by heaven's hand

Oh outrageous grace, oh outrageous grace, through my Jesus I can stand


Note the words, 'Through my Jesus, I can stand.' There's a lot of devil but there is much 

more Jesus. You may let Jesus down each day, but His grace gives us that break that we

need. There may be pain; there may be trouble; there may be fear; there may be darkness.

Also there may be sorrow and heartache but God's grace is there to help you through

this period.

You may be in a place of guilt at this time because you have let Jesus and yourself

down. Come to the throne of grace (Heb 4:16) right now that you may receive mercy and 

grace in your time of need. Also if you have never accepted Jesus or fell away at some

time, come back to Him right now:


Lord Jesus, I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me and be my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and give me a brand new start today.

In Jesus' Name. Amen


Copyright 2023 Grahame Howard.                                 

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com          

If you would like to contact me, CLICK HERE

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle  

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2






























 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...