Friday 27 October 2023

His faithfulness knows no end

"If we confess our sins. He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."     1 John 1:9   NKJV 

This is a verse that we need to underline in our bible and keep within our heart each day. We've all heard the statement, 'God will never forgive you now.' And some of us need to loosen ourselves from this today. It is a lie from the devil. God will forgive you, this is why He died on the cross to take away your sin and declare your freedom. As we saw from our study the other day Lamentations 3:22-23, God's faithfulness His new every morning.

I like what American preacher Jeremy Pearsons says, 'My mistakes may be great, but His faithfulness is greater.' Ponder that for a few moments. We all make mistakes, in fact, some of us make mighty blunders, but God's love is so amazing that He has made a provision for this. He forgives us. This doesn't mean we have free rein to go out and sin 24/7 deliberately. He knows that we are weak and also that we are far from perfect at this time (Philippians 1:6). But He has made a provision for us that one day, we will be perfect and this is something to look forward to. Until then, we keep trying.

We need to change the way we think - the negative stuff and the way we speak to ourselves. Just one negative word spoken to our soul and we have a battle going on. The negative thoughts will always come. Our reactions to them are what we need to change because, the thoughts produce words that come out of our mind and once we have spoken them, they are hard to change. Jeremiah tried this and he was led from depression to hope.  The depressed mind only knows how to speak negative. It finds it difficult to see a future, and if it does, it quickly demolishes this with a word such as, 'Can't', 'Won't'. And then the phrases come, 'I can't see the point, it never works anyway.' I suppose I'll always be like this.' 'Nobody cares anyway.'

Stop the PPW's - 'Pity Party Words'. We all have a cupboard in our mind full of them and use them as a kind of defence mechanism. But after a while, people stop listening to you and the only way out of this is to call on Jesus, apologise for being so negative and receive his healing to your mind. Jerry Pearsons' statement above is a positive one. He is declaring that ,'Yea, I admit that I make mistakes - lots of them, but I have a God who builds me up when I feel so low; and that is all I need.'  'My paraphrase)

So today is a brand new day; you are a brand new person, so go out in the power of the Holy Spirit and make some changes.

I never like to end without giving someone the opportunity to ask Jesus into their life, or, re-dedicate their life. If that is you, pray this prayer and please let me know:

Lord Jesus, I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me and be my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and give me a brand new start today.

In Jesus' Name. Amen


Copyright 2023 Grahame Howard.                                 

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com          

If you would like to contact me, CLICK HERE

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle  

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2



















 



 














No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...