Sunday 24 March 2024

'I will return for you'

"and we will come back to you."   Genesis 22:5   NKJV 

For another session, we are once again remaining on this verse. So let's see what we can dig out of it today.
Someone else said something very similar in the New Testament. Can you remember who it was? Yes, you're right, it was Jesus. Here's what He said:
'Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father's house are many mansions, if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know."   John 14:1-4. NKJV
   
What does this mean: 'Let not your heart be troubled, you believe in God, believe also in Me?' Jesus was sayng that it is time to put your whole trust in Me. Did you get that - time to put your whole trust in Jesus.' Because, be honest you haven't been doing this have you? It's easy to trust Jesus in the good times but when the bad times come, this can be difficult and we feel that we are not going to make it. Come on, Jesus said, 'Let us cross over to the other side.' Mark 4:35. The wind and the waves were violent and the disciples were panicking but Jesus meant to get to the opposite side of the lake. If He said it, why not believe it? It's the same here. Jesus is telling you to trust Him, to believe in Him and not be troubled. What part of that don't you understand. It is time to go on to maturity.

Jesus told the disciples this day that, He will return and take us to Himself - where He is. This is the Rapture, when He will come to receive His saints and take them to heaven (1 Thess 4:16-17. This will happen prior to His return to earth to establish His millennial kingdom. It will happen and it could be soon. Therefore, heed the word. The bible contains words of life, not nice stories, it is accurate and Jesus uses it to speak with us. LISTEN: 'Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.' Believe this word, He will return; He is coming back; make sure that you are ready. Basically, Jesus is saying, 'I will return for you'.

If you don't know Jesus or, have fallen away, why not say this prayer right now:
'Lord Jesus, I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me and be my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and give me a brand new start today.

In Jesus' Name. Amen'

Copyright 2024 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, grahame.howard@hotmail.co.uk

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2




 


 

 


 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...