Wednesday 13 March 2024

Is this your time?

"Be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity."  
                                             1 Timothy 4:12   NKJV 

In many ways, Jesus was a brilliant role model to us. Be honest, wouldn't you like to be like Him - full of love and drawing people to you wherever you go. But more than anything, handling things properly without frustrations and bad feeling. As believers, we are like Him but, we still have a long way to go. The thing is, Jesus is pleased with who we are, what we've achieved and how we try our best to serve Him properly.

When I first became a Christian, I knew God had called me to serve Him and I wanted it - quickly. The thing is, that youthful enthusiasm needs keeping under control until Jesus is ready to release us into what He has planned. One thing I initially suffered from was other people's opinion of me. I felt that other people felt me too young to serve Jesus, it was almost as if I had to be in my 60's before they accepted me. I had to struggle with this. Other people's opinions of you do not matter; as long as Jesus is pleased with you, that is all that matters. Because of this, I would bury my gifts, such as playing and writing worship songs. Also, I had a preaching and teaching gift. I knew this but others didn't and I kind of hid away. Then, one day, I decided that I would stop neglecting my gifts and led worship, preached and ran a house group. Did the older people still look down at me? Yes, they did but I was not going to let that get in the way of my ministry again.

Many Christians today, have gifts but they are not using them. This may be because they are held back by leadership or fear. Let me tell you, break through this. What you have inside of you may change a person's life forever. Do you realise that. You may have a book inside of you. You may be the next Christian worship leader or preacher. God created you for a purpose and you may be able to reach someone far better than any bible college minister could ever do. Speak to God about it. He can make a way where there isn't one. 

Yes it will be nervy at first. The first time I preached, I was a bundle of nerves and so will you be. But after you have done it a few times, you will get the bug to preach and teach and you'll be hooked. This is not pie in the sky stuff. I feel there are people that need to be set free to do their thing for God and you, may well be one of them. So push the door.

If you don't know Jesus or, have fallen away, why not say this prayer right now:
'Lord Jesus, I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me and be my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and give me a brand new start today.

In Jesus' Name. Amen'

Copyright 2024 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, grahame.howard@hotmail.co.uk

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2




 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...