Friday 15 March 2024

Keep going no matter what

"Hold fast the pattern of sound words which you have heard from me, in faith and love, which are in Christ Jesus."   2 Timothy 1:13   NKJV

Sadly churches split or pastors are ostracised  through scandal or a well made up piece of gossip. It shouldn't be this way, but it is sometimes. People can become puffed up -they do something for God and all of a sudden they are the hottest people in the church. God's pleased when we bless Him, that's for sure but not at the cost of leaving others out of the equation and going on a glory trip.
Here, Paul mentions that his relationships with some people were wearing thin and all those in Asia, had turned away from Him. He doesn't say why but many people didn't like him, possibly a throwback from when he was a Pharisee. Mud sticks doesn't it and gossip. makes it even worse.

This is why Paul is saying to Timothy to hold fast to the sound words that Paul had spoken to him, and above anything else, keep hold of the Holy Spirit. We may not think it at the time but that is when we need to lean on the power and peace that the Holy Spirit provides. Whenever we find ourselves chasing our own tail, getting more and more anxious and stressed out, we need the Holy Spirit.

Where are you in all of this. Do you get enough spiritual food? Do you spend time in the bible and in prayer. I tend to use my prayer times when I'm walking the dog - He likes to pray (Couldn't resist). I go off on a walk or even with my camera and I talk to God and He talks back. This works for me as I easily drift off in prayer sessions. For me, doing what I do works. You may want to try it, you may like this format. Do for you, what works best for you!

Studying the word, is easier for me because, I am always writng and I learn so much and I always try to share them with you, if it is feasible. But you do need to discipline yourself. I know, that I nag on about this but it is so important that you set some available time to spend studying the word of God. If Paul hadn't have spent all those years studying under his tutor, we would not know very much at all. Studying is the key.

If you don't know Jesus or, have fallen away, why not say this prayer right now:
'Lord Jesus, I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me and be my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and give me a brand new start today.

In Jesus' Name. Amen'

Copyright 2024 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, grahame.howard@hotmail.co.uk

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2




 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...