Thursday 4 July 2024

Fix you

"Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and was standing before the Angel.4Then He answered and spoke to those who stood before Him, saying, “Take away the filthy garments from him.” And to him He said, “See, I have removed your iniquity from you, and I will clothe you with rich robes.”   Zechariah 3:3-4  NKJV

This scene involves Joshua standing before God with Satan at his side throwing every accusation against him, he can find. God is having none of it and, rebukes the evil one and commands that Joshua be put back together again. In other words to fix him.

This part of Zechariah reminded me of a song that Coldplay had sang at Glastonbury 24. I wasn't there but we watched it live stream. I had never really listened to this band before but when Chris Martin sang Fix you, I was gripped by the song and the lyrics it contained. Just glance on the first two verses and chorus:

When you try your best, but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you needWhen you feel so tired, but you can't sleepStuck in reverse
And the tears come streaming down your faceWhen you lose something you can't replaceWhen you love someone, but it goes to wasteCould it be worse?
Lights will guide you homeAnd ignite your bonesAnd I will try to fix you
Songwriters: Christopher Anthony John Martin / Guy Rupert Berryman / William Champion / Jonathan Mark Buckland
Chris Martin sings, 'I will try to fix you.' The difference what I want to share with you is that Jesus can fix you, whatever you have been through or what is happening right now in your life. Joshua stood in filthy, dirty and smelly garments and Satan just kept pouring guilt and accusation upon him. God closed Satan's mouth with a rebuke and took control - He fixed him, Joshua. And He wants to fix you as well. Some of you have been so bitterly hurt and your heart still aches. Jesus can take care of that. Some of you are grieving for the loss of a loved one. Jesus can comfort you and help you through this loss, step by step. Some of you have been falsely accused, ripped off by a scam or some smooth talking person and it has wiped you out financially and mentally. Jesus wants to take you through every part of this hurt, fix you and put you back in position. He can do it if you ask Him to.
All you need to do is commit yourself to this prayer and leave the rest to Him:
Lord Jesus, I come to You today and ask for Your help. Lord I need fixing; I need You to mend and repair my broken heart and the way that I feel totally crushed. Fix me Lord. I trust You and I wait for You to make the next step clear for me. In Jesus' Name. Amen
Now just wait for Him to move on your behalf.
If you don't know Jesus or, have fallen away, why not say this prayer right now:
'Lord Jesus, I have sinned and I ask you to forgive me and be my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and give me a brand new start today.

In Jesus' Name. Amen'

Copyright 2024 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, grahame.howard@hotmail.co.uk

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...