Monday 2 September 2024

My Forever Friend

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow."   Hebrews 13:8  CSB 

This is a most encouraging verse. Even though there was all of the hostility and arguments around in Jesus' time on earth, He never changed, not one bit. And now, 2000 years or so later, He is still the same. He is still the same Jesus that the disciples came to know, and, He is still the same Jesus that you came to know when you were saved.

The well- known Christian singer/song writer Charlie Landsborough wrote the lovely  

"My Forever Friend"
Chorus

'He's my forever friend, 
my leave-me-never friend, 
From darkest night to rainbows end, 
He's my forever friend.

If you've never heard this song, It will be encouraging for you to seek it out. He has made numerous albums. This sums up, for me, the realisation that Jesus is always there for me and, He never changes. All through the ages He has always been the same. We change but He never does. He is steadfast, loyal and dependable. His constant love and support are ongoing and even in your darkest of moments, He is there, right with you. It's almost like He would give you a hug and say, 'It's going to be all right, I'm here with you and I'll never leave you.' 

There is no love to match what He offers us and, when we allow Him to enter right into our lives, the difference He makes is amazing. Yes, we still have bad days. It's called being normal; the difference is, Jesus is right there with us. There is no small print to read, no buttons to press with someone saying, 'Your call is important to us.' Not at all. We don't have to call Him because He is always with us, unless of course, we have moved away from Him, and we do this quite often.

You may wake up in a bad mood; He doesn't because He doesn't sleep, He is too busy watching over you. You may grumble and moan, rant and rave at other motorists on the road. Jesus sits there beside you and says, 'Be anxious for nothing.' He offers you peace and tranquility; not anxiety. We get ourselves into all types of problems and upsets just because we like to take control. Jesus is there with you. Let Him be your guide and peacemaker.

Friends let you down, He doesn't. Friends can hurt you bitterly, He would never do this. Friends are not always available to help. Jesus is, why:

Because, He is your Forever Friend

If you don't know Jesus or, have fallen away, why not say this prayer right now:
Lord Jesus, I have sinned   
I ask you to forgive me and be my Lord and Saviour. Please come into my heart, fill me with Your Spirit and give me a brand new start today.

In Jesus' Name. Amen'

Copyright 2024 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com  

If you would like to contact me, grahame.howard@hotmail.co.uk

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Grace

" Then Paul stood up, and motioning with  his  hand said, “Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:   17  The God of this people  I...