Monday 21 December 2020

When I hear the praises start

"I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." 
                                                                                        Philippians 3:14   NKJV

This morning, all over the UK, people are in a kind of depression and feeling of gloom and doom. Covid 19, has once again shattered their plans and dreams. Christmas is all but cancelled. Many haven't seen their loved ones - properly, all the year and they were looking forward to meeting up with their loved ones to celebrate the Festive season. All of this has been taken away. It's pretty much the same all over the world - families separated because of restrictions that seem so harsh and yet, when we consider it, need to be in place to protect us all.

But may I offer each of you some sort of comforting words. This is only for a short time; the sun will shine again for us all, we just have to grit our teeth and do the best we can. Keith Green wrote a brilliant song not long before he was killed. It contains some very thoughtful words:

WHEN I HEAR THE PRAISES START

My precious Bride, the day is nearing, when I'll take you in My arms and hold you.
I know there are so many things that you've been hearing 
but you just hold on to what I have told you

For when I hear the praises start My Bride, I want to rain upon you
Blessings that will fill your heart, I see no stain upon you
Because you are My child and you know Me
To Me you're only holy, nothing that you've done will remain,
Only what you do for Me.
                                                     Copyright Keth Green

There are so many things that we are hearing and mostly, they are confusing and scary. In fact, it can appear that professionals are stabbing about in the dark. However, your Jesus is holding it all together. He knows all about the Coronavirus and He is well-able to crush it at the right time. 

For us, it is a case of pressing on. Christmas is just a few days away, and even though it is going to be very different for all of us this year, we can still enjoy what we have got. Many in the third world countries, don't even have that. We do and it is an ideal time to sing praises to Jesus, whether in the form of carols or worship songs. Jesus is still on the throne. He will not let you and I down. He couldn't even if He tried. He loves us so much.

I believe that God is saying to us all: 

'Praise Me and when I hear the praises start, I will rain blessings upon you that will fill your heart. You are My child and I will never forget the love that I have for each one of you.'

Copyriight 2020 Grahame Howard

*If you would like to contact me, then please send me an email😄











No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...