Thursday 7 April 2022

Come to the Throne of Grace

 "Therefore, let us approach the throne of grace with boldness, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in time of need."    Hebrews 4:16    CSB


Note the word, 'approach', you have to approach the throne of grace before you receive help from Jesus. In other words, you need to pray and call on Him. When you do, He is there for you.
Prayer is like a passport, it leads you into spiritual encounters with God, it is your way of communicating with Him, directly. You may be tempted to give up at times but as you acknowledge His invitation to come to the throne, He is there with His mercy and grace to help.

Someone once said, 'Mercy is not getting what you deserve; grace is getting what you don't deserve.' So don't stay away, approach His throne and get what you need. This is how it works. Imagine the average day and the thoughts that go through your mind:

'I don't fancy going to work today, the boss is being terrible to me; I can't take much more'
      - APPROACH THE THRONE OF GRACE
'My wife/husband is impossible, we may as well break up, it's a living nightmare'
      - APPROACH THE THRONE OF GRACE
'I don't know how much more I can take, the kids are being awful, it's all getting me down'
      - APPROACH THE THRONE OF GRACE
'I will never be able to finish these exams, I wish I'd have never started'
      - APPROACH THE THRONE OF GRACE
'I don't know what we're going to do, we will never be able to pay our bills'
      - APPROACH THE THRONE OF GRACE

For every negative and painful thought that comes into your mind and out of your mouth, you need to approach the throne of grace. God's Word says that as you do this, you will find the help you need. How clearer can that be? 'Oh God doesn't mean me,' you may say. Oh yes He does but you need to go to Him, not the other way around. You have to make the approach.

At this moment, some may be saying, 'I'm not doing that, I'm not praying, I'll look stupid'. Wouldn't it be better to pray and look stupid  than, go without the help you need and still look stupid? God's Word says, 'Approach', so do it!

Copyright 2022 Grahame Howard.                                

dailylifewithjesusbygrahamehoward.blogspot.com          

If you would like to contact me, CLICK HERE

Member of the National Association of Christian Ministers

Why not order my Daily Commentary from Amazon - Paperback or Kindle 

Check it out

 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084G9S4FD/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i2
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message

Stop being hasty

Better is the poor who walks in his integrity t han one who is perverse in his lips, and is a fool. And he sins who hastens with his feet.  ...